11/4/23

Fall foliage in Eau Claire, WI

 Please welcome Ji Grinsel, our guest blogger for this post. Ji was a student in my ESL class at Chattanooga State Community College. She is a fantastic cook, and we actually had a food blog at one time, doing culinary tours to Atlanta and offering cooking lessons. She shares the beautiful foliage in Eau Claire, where she and her husband currently live.

One of Eau Claire's most popular location is the historical and beautiful Carson Park. We love to go there to immerse ourselves with nature's beauty, and enjoy the peace and quiet. It is just two miles from our house. Last month, we enjoyed the magnificent fall colors at the park. 

Aside from being the top location to watch the Fourth of July Fireworks, Carson Park is also the perfect place to have a picnic, watch a baseball game, fish, kayak and ride a replica train that meanders through scenic woods by Half Moon Lake. History buffs will enjoy learning the history of Eau Claire at the Chippewa Valley Museum.
In the winter, various events such as ice fishing, skating, cross-country skiing, etc. are held here. On this particular day there were people fishing and kayaking, and some taking pictures like me. The colors are no more as we've already had snow. Enjoy the beauty! 

You might also like:

Fall Colors at the Chattanooga Farmers Market Culinary tour to Atlanta, Georgia Fall Foliage in Chattanooga, Tennessee

18 comments:

  1. I haven't been to Carson Park in years. Do they still have a train ride? My grandkids would love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that the train runs only during summer months, Sundays, and Holidays--Memorial Day thru Labor Day. I should try next year. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed seeing the gorgeous fall colours, Eileen .
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To my mind fall/autumn = the prettiest season. Just been out for an awesome walk and was enchanted by the awesome colors here at home.
    I visited you via Last post from Longwood Gardens (for a while anyway!!)
    I linked up this week with = 33. Come and join us at #WordlessWednesday #Photography Wednesday - Saturday. You will find the info under BLOGGING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I did try to go there, but it's very difficult to navigate. Sorry!

      Delete
  4. Wow, beautiful fall colors! I like their reflection off the water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Eau Claire looks gorgeous in fall. Our son is a ESL teacher too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a lovely time of the year in your neck of the woods.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos are absolutely gorgeous👍👍❤️❤️ I’ve never been to that park & they make me want to visit. Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos. - Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Photo are capturing fall colors and textures of sky, trees, and lake well in depth. I want to visit!

    ReplyDelete