9/20/09

Thought of the day: Giving thanks and feeling grateful

Since I quit the work force almost nine years ago, I told my husband that every day I don't have to work, I am happy. These days, it's hard to be happy when you see your finances dwindling before your eyes in these tough economic times. When your savings account is reaping almost next to nothing in interest and you have to change your lifestyle to accommodate the new fuel prices, life is not smooth sailing all the way. Still, I am grateful for the life I have.
Fort Myers Beach, Florida

Even more so after hearing news like my favorite movie star Patrick Swayze succumbing to pancreatic cancer, and a friend recently diagnosed with alzheimers at the young age of 54! Then today, a friend of ours, working in the Middle East the last several months, called. He's very excited about coming home next week. When asked what he'd like to do when we get together, our friend said "anything we do will feel like heaven." 
 
Perspective is a good thing. It makes us appreciate what we have, and realize how fortunate we are. So, don't wait until Thanksgiving day to give thanks. Be happy and

"Live well - laugh often - love much"

"Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
That's why we call it the Present "
 
You might also like:
Gone Cruisin’ Retirees with a zest for life Greed is bad

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thought...especially I'm drawn into what your friend in the Middle East said. How true. Perspective... wow! Makes me wonder where my perspective could use a little shifting...

    ReplyDelete