5/18/15

A day in the life of a liveaboard, part 3

There is never a dull moment living on the river. One moment you're feeding the ducks, next you're witnessing a fire.
A fifth wheel was engulfed in flames
Around 9 am, we did our customary walk up the hill with our neighbor friend Debbie. A quarter of the way up, we looked down at the campground part of the marina, and wonder when the swimming pool will be fixed. Then hubby commented on the nice tent that an RVer had put up.

Back on the boat, I spent some time inspecting my little garden. The geese saw me and a flock immediately swam over with their goslings. I understood what they wanted and went in to get some bread. And my camera. These geese are fiercely territorial, not only protecting their young, but also protecting their space.

The sound of a siren abruptly broke the peace and quiet. A fire truck came rambling through the marina and headed for the north side where the campground is located. Debbie said a camper had caught on fire. I grabbed my camera and went to check it out. Sorry, I'm not a reporter, so I don't have the whole story. All I know is that no one was inside, and no one was hurt. Thank God!
camper on fire

And how was your day?

You might also like:

Fowling around in the marina Tornado strikes Hales Bar Marina, again A day in the life of a liveaboard

No comments:

Post a Comment