12/12/11

'Tis the season to be giving

Every holiday season, our boater neighbor Janice gathers a group of her friends to visit Orange Grove, a residential facility for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, where she used to work. Janice and her friends buy lunch and gifts for the 8 patients in the Orange Grove facility in Tiftonia. What a joy to watch them open their gifts!
Before heading to Orange Grove, the group enjoyed a luncheon at Logan's
Santa's helpers - Milly, Janice, Glenda, Elizabeth and Cindy (Shelby and Sharon not in picture)

In the spirit of giving, I got my ESL class at Chattanooga State Community College to participate in a project to send Military Care Packages to Sgt Brad Rich, a TN Adult Education teacher who was recently deployed to the Middle East for a tour of duty. Thank you everyone for participating! Thank you Cindy for the gifts from the Chatt State Bookstore! We appreciate it.

Below is a slideshow of pictures of my students meticulously packaging the goodies we bought and of our Christmas party.

As we celebrate with our friends and family this holiday season, let's count our blessings and be grateful for what we have. Merry Christmas and have a wonderful holiday!

You might also like:
Retirees with a zest for life Thought of the day:Giving thanks and feeling grateful A memorable Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is just so wonderful, Eileen! It's great that you're an ESL teacher. I'm also a teacher (of a different sort). I have been teaching piano for the past 9 years or so.

    Are you traveling to New Orleans on your boat? I hope you will write about your trip on your blog. It's been a long time since I have been to New Orleans. I love Cajun food, and I'm looking forward to returning one day.

    Yes, I saw your post on Gaylord Opryland! It's nice to read about the places that you and I have been to at some point in our lives. Although your journey is definitely more interesting than mine.

    If you would like to contact me directly, my e-mail address is neth@hotmail.com.

    I hope you have a great holiday season, and safe travels in New Orleans!

    Looking forward to reading more of your adventures.

    Nanette

    ReplyDelete